how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 04:14:42 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:11:00 -0500
> Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I guess disabling PA is the only option for anybody willing to play
> > music not from the current active session?
> > Or will there be a way to easily configure access from anybody on the
> > same machine?
>
> Again, this isn't PA necessarily, it's ConsoleKit / PolicyKit.  If you
> define policy that lets everybody write to the devices then...

Sure I can do that for myself but that's not the point.

I was specifically asking if there will be a configuration option
somewhere to handle this (I think common enough) case so that you can
decide whether fast switching users means killing audio or not.

It seem to me that this PA thing has the noble goal of making audio
easier to work with on a Desktop, and then you expect people to fiddle
manually with ConsoleKit/PolicyKit to make a trivial configuration
change for a common case?

Simo.

--
| Simo S Sorce |