how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Dec 19 09:15:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18.12.07 21:11, Simo Sorce (ssorce at redhat.com) wrote:

> > > If so why?
> >
> > Because the session for that desktop is no longer active.
>
> I guess disabling PA is the only option for anybody willing to play
> music not from the current active session?
> Or will there be a way to easily configure access from anybody on the
> same machine?

if you do want stuff like that you can just open the audio device
directly via raw ALSA devices. Much the same way as it is handled
without PA. Of course the audio device will then be blocked, but yeah,
that's the way it always used to be.

As soon as CK works properly this won't work anymore howewver (in the
default configuration at least).

Lennart