Mock: loss of login shell

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Dec 19 22:08:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 05:02:02PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:

> I didn't ask if it was done elsewhere.  I think it's a terrible user
> experience, that if use of a package is going to depend on shell
> variables, and you have to reload your environment to make use of them.

I see your point, but by adding packages you're in fact changing your
system.  Sometimes even a reboot is required.  And when your package
has a service that is started by default (and thus is expected to run
after installing the package), this service will only be started after
a reboot (or manually, of course).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>