Delays in package processing

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 10:10:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 10:53 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:12:43 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > But On the other hand I agree that there are many rushed/untested updates.
>
> All I wish is that we don't throw away the results of the development
> cycle so carelessly: our choice of what components we add together to
> build packages, the testing, the freeze.

Yeah, we push *way* too many updates and too casually. In my own view an
update should fix a clearly identified common crasher or some other
serious problem, but definitely not just because a new version of a
package appeared upstream. i.e. consider Fedora 8 as finished, done,
dusted and only reluctantly update it due to necessity.

Of course one OOo security/crasher update probably equals nearly
everything else pushed as updates put together ;-) so I probably
shouldn't comment.

C.