Wiki Migration

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:16:59 UTC 2007

The problem I'm seeing here is that Fedora is trying to find a balance
between keeping spammers and other trash out while allowing as many people
as possible to edit the wiki and put quality information in it. The result
is this mess of a wiki we have right now, using Moin and connecting it
partially to the Fedora Account System.

As for CMS + Wiki thing, Enano by default in wiki mode allows anyone to
edit, but it provides a simple option to switch it so that only logged in
users can edit, and everything can be logged and reversed if necessary. The
use of AES in Enano to do user authentication makes it much more secure than
other CMSes for logged in accounts. If Fedora wants to allow free editing of
the wiki, they need to disconnect the website from the Fedora Account
System. The Fedora Account System connection to Moin is a bad idea because
it is more or less a front of elitist kind of way. It says that you can
register on the wiki, but in order to get access to edit the wiki, you have
to set up a Fedora Account in FAS, get an SSH key, GPG key and all that
other crock and mess that you really shouldn't have in dealing with a wiki.

I have been talking to upstream about Enano, and through our talks, Enano
has basic Postgres support. If we do decide to go with Enano, upstream has
offered to help design the theme to look similar to the main website of
Fedora project. Since he designed the Deluge website themes, I am confident
that he could design it into Enano. Also for those who want to use static
pages, Enano does expose an "anonymous API" that lets php pages designed to
be static use certain functions of Enano, like the theming engine.

The demo works fine in Konqueror included in Fedora 8. Are you using the
demo at http://demo.enanocms.org ? The demo at opensourcecms.com doesn't
work because they inject advert code into everything. A fix for that has
already been pushed into Mercurial once it was discovered, but it is unknown
whether or not OpenSourceCMS.com is aware of the issue.