Delays in package processing

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:22:03 UTC 2007

Have been reading this discussion with avid interest, and I would
really like to see respins of a stable Fedora release. Personally I
delay installing a new release on my machines till some of the common
bugs have been detected to avoid any major regression. But recently I
hit a installer bug on my MacBook for Fedora 8, and although it was
documented in the Wiki, there is no way one can benefit much without a
respin.

However I do not know how much painful and extra burden this will be
for the release team, but if we can atleast have a respin for critical
kernel and installer fixes/improvements, it would be super.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
Free software for the Indian community: