moto4lin, I give up.

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:23:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 16:10 +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 11:52 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
>
> > I don't get it.  Where's the problem?  Upstream refuses to produce an
> > update?
>
> Upstream seems reluctant to release new versions, the last one is from
> March 2005.

A failure to release an update in almost 3 years is usually the result
of one of three things:

1) The software is finally stable and doesn't need frequent updates.
2) The maintainer has no faith in the software in general.
3) The maintainer doesn't actually want (or is pathologically unable) to
maintain the software.

Since the first obviously isn't true, one of the latter two must be. In
my mind both of those cases are valid reasons for eventually orphaning
the package if the situation doesn't improve.