Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Dec 29 08:40:46 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:55:08AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > For that, we could make a bodhi policy. Cause no rules say all package
> > Must go to testing-update before move to stable one.
>
> You are right. I thought we already had policy for that but the wiki
> says:
> "If you feel that community testing is unnecessary for your update, you
> can choose to push it straight to the stable fedora-updates repository
> instead."
>
> IMO this is wrong, it should only be allowed for security updates.

I disagree. In my case nobody ever noticed the regressions in testing
even for my packages that are widely used. And for the packages that
correspond with a niche of users, of course I never got any feedback
in bodhi.

Given that it seems that there isn't a lot of people using testing it
seems to me that for niche software it would be better to go straight to
stable.

--
Pat