Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 1 01:56:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 19:01 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> On ons, 2007-01-31 at 18:54 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > There is not way to convince me about such spy-ware. If you want to
> > collect statics with an opt-in, you can achieve the same by launching a
> > counter website.
>
> What a brilliant way to have a debate "nothing you can say can change my
> mind".. that is the rhetoric of conspiracy theorists and other breeds of
> true believers.

Would you have preferred me to say: "Hell needs to freeze in before I'll
install this piece of crap?"

And it's not related to conspiracy - It's about privacy.
Less politely: My HW profile is none of your business.

BTW, my person definition of SPYWARE:
A piece of software which silently collects otherwise unavailable data
and transmits it without any technical need to operate a local machine.

Ralf