Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 03:32:08 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Watch for these in the next couple of days.  I'm hoping to get FC3, 4
> and 5 out.  I'm not sure if I can get them into the yum repo (there's
> policies and FC3 and 4 are EOL'd) but you'll be able to download it
> and install it directly.

Count on your "Number of people still using FC4" numbers being skewed ;]

I thought EOL meant no new official security updates, not a ban on
developers putting their goods into Extras. Hmmm. I was planning on
hopping back on the treadmill soon anyways ... after I do some
research on the hardware compatibility and proper configuration of my
Sil 3112 RAID controller ... hopefully you can tell me soon how many
others out there have one of those :]

/Mike