Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Thu Feb 1 03:52:15 UTC 2007

2:04pm Mike McGrath said:

> On 1/31/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 January 2007 14:28, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> > > mmh... what the heck is this tool doing? When I try to install it on my
> > > servers I get
> >
> > Run this again with debug.  Most likely smolt requires something which in
> > turn
> > has some heafty requires.
> >

> redhat-lsb  I might get rid of that.  Does anyone here care about the
> output from lsb_release?

Negative.

On another note, I just fired up smolt on a Xen Dom0 and noticed that it
reports varying values for systemMemory depending on how many DomUs are
running. If it's trying to report hardware, then it should look beyond the
hypervisor in this case.

And of course, running smolt in a DomU is almost pointless.

../C