Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 11:32:18 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/31/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Does the profile give any indication whether the hardware is installed
>> and working properly (or providing some limited functionality) or is
>> it just cataloging its existence?
>
> The LHCP guys are doing this.  Smolt has a much smaller scope.

Exactly. I've already received some really valuable feedback to various
components and we'll be integrating as many of them as possible.

As we'll also be trying to work with the smolt guys as closely together
as possible we hope to get to a point where the manual testing you can
do with LHCP can be integrated with the data collected from smolt. But
it'll take some more time until LHCP reaches that point.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111