Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 1 14:04:33 UTC 2007

On 2/1/07, Matthias Saou
<thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>
wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote :
> - The current CPU vendor percentages seem wrong
>   (12% Intel, 12% AMD, all others below 1%... far from 100% total!)
> - CPU cores seem to be counted as CPUs. Maybe HT CPUs are also counted
>   as multiple CPUs. It would be best to try and separate those
>   informations (real CPUs, HTs, cores).
> - Some "< 512" should probably be "=< 512".

re cpu vendor.  Yeah.. just ignore that for now, I've completely
horked up the query it uses to get that stuff.  I should probably
comment it out.

Re: HT.  I might have to come up with something clever there.  I'm
also wondering if we should just leave it the way the host sees it.
Someone mentioned that speed was getting reported as cpuspeed reports
it, not maximum.

              -Mike