Default MTA for Fedora 7

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Feb 3 19:00:46 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 12:04 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Thomas M Steenholdt (tmus at tmus.dk) said:
> > I noticed that Exim is being installed as the default MTA, at least on
> > the Desktop installation of Fedora 7 test1. Is this change intentional?
>
> Not exactly. It's how the dependencies got fulfilled.

It's probably a good thing though -- it _is_ a better choice because
it's much easier to deal with and much more versatile than the other
options; _especially_ than sendmail :)

It's ironic though that the installer manages dependencies like that but
not some, erm..., more basic ones...

[root at net2-100 ~]# passwd dwmw2
passwd: error while loading shared libraries: libuser.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

--
dwmw2