Default MTA for Fedora 7

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Sat Feb 3 21:59:17 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Thomas M Steenholdt (tmus at tmus.dk) said:
>> I noticed that Exim is being installed as the default MTA, at least on
>> the Desktop installation of Fedora 7 test1. Is this change intentional?
>
> Not exactly. It's how the dependencies got fulfilled.
>
> Bill

I just checked the contents of the DVD image, and the only MTA I can
find there is Exim. I guess that's the real reason.

So I guess the real question is:

"If we change the Default MTA in Fedora - Which should it be?"

I'm sure a lot of people will say Exim is great (i can't say, since i've
never worked with it). Others will yell for Postfix, towards which i'm
probably slightly biased, since that's what I currently use in most
places. I'm sure yet others will have other MTA's listed as their
favorite one.

/Thomas