Would it make sense to make aspell dictionaries noarch packages?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 18:14:08 UTC 2007

Okay so I'm doing the merge review for aspell and all its lovely
little dictionary packages.... and I got to wondering, because i like
complicating everyone's already overworked lives....

Is there a good reason why the dictionaries are arched packages?
It seems they are arched simply because the payload is dropping into
_libdir which is necessarily arch specific.  My question is of course,
can we change how aspell and its dictionary packages are built so that
the dictionaries get pooped into _datadir instead of _libdir? Or am I
completely blind and the dictionaries really are arch specific and
need to be in _libdir?

For example look at the payload of aspell-en... anything arch specific in that?

For reference:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/process_bug.cgi#c6

-jef"im sort of hungry"spaleta