Default MTA for Fedora 7

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Mon Feb 5 09:32:33 UTC 2007

Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

>> I'd like to be able to do greylisting -- but not indiscriminately; I
>> want to greylist only mail which actually looks suspicious in some way,
>> rather than delaying perfectly genuine mail. Mail gets greylisted only
>> if it has some SpamAssassin points, or it's HTML, or it comes from a
>> machine with no reverse DNS or which is listed in a RBL, etc.
>
> The /point/ in greylisting is not to expend any effort on mail that comes
> from suspect origins. Stopping mail from an RBLed origin or no reverse DNS
> (or non-matching reverse DNS) are other, independent anti-spam
> measures. Sure, they can be integrated into greylisting (milter-greylist
> for sendmail integrates RBLs), but they are still independent. So is
> spamassassin's score, etc.

I somehow agree with David here, and have tried to configure
Spamassassin and sendmail-milter accordingly, with no success.

I'd like SA to block everything with a score higher than N
(550 Blocked By Spamassassin) - This is easy.

I do not want mail that SA has classified as almost certainly not spam
to be greylisted.
But then I'd like to greylist everything that is not blocked, but that
is still suspicius (I.E. a score lower than N, but higher than M).

But I geuss this is best solved by talking to the developers of one of
the greylist-milters, to make them add a feature to whitelist email
based on a custom header. (For instance "X-Spam-Level: ***")

Rgds.

--