New new package process SUCKS! (read please)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Feb 5 16:19:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just went through my first new package under the new process (aka
package no 100, so I'm experienced in this). The mail below may seem
flamebate but it is mean't very seriously, so please take it seriously.

And the new process SUCKS!

First of all as discussed earlier the new review with flags is both
unclear / not very well documented and much more work then it used to
be, without any clear arguments why we needed a new process in the first
place -> SUCKS

Then I wanted todo an import an it failed as I first needed to be in
owners.list and that requires manual intervention by an CVS admin, so
now I have the feeling that I need a CVS admin for any fart I want todo
-> SUCKS

The new ACL design is broken, the ACL's shouldn't work by owners.list,
but instead by putting the owner in the acl in the initial import and
then owners.list would "just" be used for bugzilla and not for CVS
access / ACL, which in turn means that then anyone could be given rights
to owners.list as things were -> problem solved. I know things are
probably not that easy. But the current solution is not a solution its a
cure worse then the disease! IOW it SUCKS!

Regards,

Hans