Default MTA for Fedora 7

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 6 18:22:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 12:10 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > This is false. Sorry. There is nothing sendmail can do that exim cannot as both
> > are (within the limits of memory) turing complete.
>
> milter?

Which one?

Arguably we cannot ship Exim in a package named "sendmail" in Fedora --
I'm sure that'd never pass review either -- so perhaps that's another
thing that sendmail can do but which Exim can't?

If there's _really_ something which we can't do directly in an almost
Turing-complete configuration language, then we _can_ call out to
dynamically loaded libraries. But in general we don't need to.

--
dwmw2