tcl 8.5 alpha in fedora 7?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 7 09:04:29 UTC 2007

Jean-Luc Fontaine <jfontain <at> free.fr> writes:
> Well, then there's gonna be a big problem with blt (now in extras, a
> graphical library) which is far from ready to compile against tcl-8.5,

The strange thing is that it doesn't show up in the "broken dependencies" list,
so RPM thinks the version built against 8.4 is still going to run (there's no
dependency on the versioned soname). I don't know whether that's true.

itcl, itk and iwidgets are in a similar situation, they don't seem to depend on
libtcl8.4.so either for some reason, so I have no idea if they actually need a
rebuilt or not.

        Kevin Kofler