Announcing repoman - PyGTK yum repo manager

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Feb 9 06:22:50 UTC 2007

David Cantrell wrote:
> Announcing repoman
> ------------------
>
> Repoman is a PyGTK frontend for configuring common and basic settings
> for yum.  Specifically, it lets users enable and disable individual
> repos easily.  Users can add and remove repositories as well.
>
> Repoman is not meant to expose all of yum's configuration settings in
> GUI form, but rather the common settings most users will care about.
>
> One of the interesting features is the Tracking page.  Users can easily
> switch between stable (with or without updates) or development branches
> and repoman will enable and disable the correct repositories for the
> user.
>
> Repoman also offers a set of Python classes for reading and writing out
> /etc/yum.repos.d files.  The core element is the RepoStanza, which are
> contained in RepoFiles, and all of those make up a Repos collection.
>
> This program is evolving a lot, so help testing and/or coding is
> appreciated.

Nice work!

Just nitpicking a bit; there is duplicate functionality with regard to
enabling a repository.  I'd say just leave the checkbox on the
Repositories list and toss the one in the Edit window (which doesn't
seem to be working anyway).

Also, attached is a trivial patch to make repoman not explode when
ctrl+c'd from the command line.

luke