Creating a jackuser group

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 10:04:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:02:06PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Pulseaudio?  CD writing has in the past wanted the priority boost, but
> probably not the mlock limit adjustement (although perhaps it wouldn't
> hurt).

CD writing has needed neither (on Linux at least) in the real world for
most of the past ten years. I/O subsystems and machines have improved
far beyond trying to sustain streaming I/O off disk to CD being "hard".

cdrecord does try and make the problem worse by turning off burnproof but
thats a problem with cdrecord that is only fixable now people are actively
forking it