simplistic questions about core/extras merge

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 13:16:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Ray Strode wrote:

> I think that's a very important question to ask (there isn't much time
> left and there are a lot of packages to go!). What are we going to do
> with packages that don't get done?
>
> I don't know answer.  Note that when we merge, the number of people
> available that can do spec cleanups and such will be much higher.  It
> may make sense to let the overflow, overflow and clean things up
> post-merge.

I think that for Fedora 7, we're going to have to make our best effort,
but acknowledge that there might be some packages that aren't 100%
"finished" in time.

We should do what we can to minimize that (and I applaud loudly for all
the people who are working so hard on the package reviews), but we should
also realize that in some cases we might have to be ok with it.

There's a huge number of packages, and not a huge amount of time.  And
until RHEL5 is out, RH-developer time is precious (and that's to be
expected).

--Max

--
Max Spevack