Smolt: firsboot revisited

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Feb 15 08:37:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 09:32 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 02:19 +0000, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> > I don't think you've ever said how the information is being sent
> > without user permission or what the personal data is that is being
> > sent.

> The smolt developers would be the ones to reply this.

The smolt developers and the smolt code HAS replied to this.
there is no way for smolt to transmit information w/o the consent of the
user. The user must explicitly agree to send the information. If the
user chooses the default behavior then the information is not
transmitted.

so in any execution of smolt the user has 2 options:

1. select no, do not send this information
2. select yes, send this information

option 1 is already selected for the user. If they make no change to the
selection then they will NOT transmit information.

-sv