Smolt: firsboot revisited

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:02:59 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 15 February 2007 08:03, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Give me one reason why I should trust you more than anybody else.
>
> Because the source to the application/server we're talking about is opensource
> and available for you to review and form your own conclusions.  Which you
> should do, instead of continually spreading FUD.

Yes, let's please put this thread to rest.  Any users/administrators
have at least three junctures at which they can block smolt on their
system, and can take advantage of any of them:

1.  Don't install it; use a kickstart file that removes smolt from the
installation, or make a custom repo without it.
2.  Disable the firstboot module by twiddling around with the bits in
the %post section.
3.  When smolt asks you if you want to send any information, choose the
default NO action.

Ralf, you are trying to assert opinions about the law without any
credentials, and about the code apparently without having looked at it.
Your concerns have been noted and will be give due consideration.  Time
to move on.