Fedora 7 media sets

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 19:54:35 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 14:45, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > I didn't know that the rescueCD was installable. This sounds like a
> > marketing mistake of ours: if a contributor didn't know about it, imagine
> > the rest of the world. So maybe it would be better to dub it "Fedora
> > minimal/rescue spin" and start listing it as one of the media we ship.
>
> Yeah, I was already thinking with the syslinux menu stuff that we should
> make it more obvious.  I definitely agree that it's something that
> could/should be advertised better.

We also now put the rescue.iso in the same iso/ dir as the rest, we could
probably rename it.  In the past, it was rescue as it would by default go to
rescue mode, but with the new gui syslinux stuff that jeremy is talking
about, we could not do that, but still make it painfully obvious how to
rescue from it, and name it something more generic.

There is also boot.iso and boot.img which are even smaller and can do many of
the same things, they just don't have stage2 on them.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora