DVD only for Fedora "Classic" spin?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Feb 20 23:24:05 UTC 2007

> For Test2, I'm planning on doing the Fedora "Classic" spin for folks to work
> with.  Doing the Everything spin at this point is just going to take up a LOT
> of bandwidth / space for such a temporary thing.  I do believe we'll have a
> Desktop (Gnome) LiveCD as well, perhaps a KDE one if the KDE folks kick some
> butt.
>
> That said, we've toyed with the idea of doing DVD iso only for the Classic
> (and Everything) spin.  Easy enough for me to do in pungi, I'll just set the
> cd size to 4.5G and produce one iso.
>
> So, how much hate will be thrown my way if we just do a DVD sized iso for
> Test2's Classic spin?

How does that affect doing nfs/network based installs?  Last I tired
(during test 1 and before ), I couldn't get them to work, except against
the ISO's.  And if using DVD iso means having to mount it before hand,
and jumping through couple more hurdles, then for me anyway, it suxors
hahahhaa.  I can burn the DVD I guess, but just rather not if don't have
to.  Or have to learn how to do it differently.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"