Core values

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Feb 21 23:25:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 06:13:56PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> OK.  Then I think I may safely deduce that Mark Shuttleworth gets it, but
> that the extent to which his enlightenment is shared by the 'community'
> part of the project is not established.

I should clarify that despite being elected by the community, I am in no
direct position to represent their opinions. I reply merely to make it
clear that it's not possible to claim that the Ubuntu community "get"
anything without asking them directly. To that extent, I agree with you.
My own opinions are certainly incompatible with yours in this respect,
and I suspect that the same is true of many others, but I have
absolutely no ability to provide you with any judgement over the
"community opinion".

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org