FC6 updates broken deps?

Piotr Baranowski piotr.baranowski at altkom.pl
Fri Feb 23 13:28:04 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote(a):
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:17:23AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> I disagree - All programs should immediately terminate upon "Ctrl-C".
>> Switching to a different mirror should be done by any arbitrary key.
>
> Someone please fix emacs to terminate immediately on ctrl-C then ;)
>
> Very large numbers of programs override ^C to be an internal interrupt,
> including things like ftp. Others specifically ignore it (try using ssh
> without that)

I think we can accept such weirdness of some applications.

Most people will understand WHY ^c is overriden in ssh for example.

For me after 10 years of linux experience it was great mistery why a hell
does yum override ^c.

There is no clear reason for it to behave like that.

My suggestion ?
^m and a startup message like:

"If you want to switch from one mirror to another press CTRL+M"

regards

--
Piotr Baranowski - RHCX @ Altkom Akademia S.A.
Dlaczego informatycy mylą Halloween z Bożym Narodzeniem ?