[Mandrakeot] ESR gives up on Fedora

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 21:00:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 22:53 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Physical ownership is as much a fiction as information ownership.
> There's no physical law that says that just because you gave a
> shopkeeper some green pieces of paper, I can't take your new iPod
> when
> you aren't looking [1].  It's just a convention that allows society to
> work.
>
> [1] Or even if you are looking.

Yeah, but then there is nothing that say I can't give you a kick if you
try. It's all a matter of convention in the end, but physical good are
limited, abstract ones are not, that's the whole difference.

If you take my CD I may object, if you just copy the data on it, I may
never notice.
If I give you a CD, I don't have it anymore.
If I give you an idea, I still have it and intact.
If you are deaf to my ideas it's your problem :)

And this is all for me, we are way OT.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com>