Experimental KDE 3.80.3 specfiles (now SRPMs too)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 28 16:46:42 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> I've rebuilt those 3 src.rpms with
> QA_RPATHS=0x0003; export QA_RPATHS; rpmbuild -ba kdebase4.spec
>
> but I have a crashed after 10 seconds on login.
>
> I would like to know how you exported your QA_RPATHS.

I just built it on a live system, I didn't have any QA_RPATHS to set at all.
But this issue is not related to QA_RPATHS. It's some plain old bug which
prevents full sessions from working. Sebastian Vahl had the same happen to him.
Running some KDE 4 apps in a KDE 3 session does work, but Konqueror only works
if you pass a URL to load (otherwise it crashes), and KControl crashes too (but
kcmshell works, so you can use that to do configuration).

Don't forget that this is a developer snapshot, it's not quite ready for
full-time use.

        Kevin Kofler