dhcp client acting strangely

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Sat Feb 3 15:41:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a user error or not, but here it goes:
I just switched ISP's, and got a new modem/router. I plugged it in, and
it has a dhcp server that i wanted to use. It doesn't work for some
reason however. I then plugged in my old router, and internet worked
again. I tried the new one again, that didn't work again. Going back to
the old one now also failed. Setting the ip to a static address fixes
things.
Wireshark shows me that the routers indeed send a DHCPOFFER, but my
client doesn't seem to react to that.
Is this a bug somewhere or am I doing something stupid?

Sander