Default MTA for Fedora 7

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 6 17:05:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:05 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:15:37AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > sendmail can do things no other MTA can. Period.
>
> This is false. Sorry. There is nothing sendmail can do that exim
> cannot as both are (within the limits of memory) turing complete.

Well, Exim's ACLs aren't _quite_ Turing-complete because it limits
recursion to about 20 calls iirc. But that doesn't stop silly people
like Tony from doing this:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050328/msg00086.html

I have actually used recursion in ACLs for real:
http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/acl-helo-csv

I think the rewrite rules are Turing-complete.

Matthew, do you have any _examples_ of things which you believe can't be
done in Exim?

--
dwmw2