Default MTA for Fedora 7

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Feb 6 21:16:51 UTC 2007

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:30 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > That would require creating something to take the place of the
> > smtpdaemon
> > requirement of things like mdadm, fetchmail, logwatch, etc...

> How many "Desktop" users configure logwatch,

More useful for the "desktop user" than "servers" (better see a summary of
what looks fishy than having to wade through the full logs)

>                                              fetchmail

This is a /desktop/ program, for mail handling by final users (specially
ones with intermittent conectivity). It would be quite out of place on a
server, IMHO.

>                                                        or mdadm?

RAID isn't too common right now, but all the (higher-end) desktop machines
I've bought lately have RAID controllers built in.

>                                                                  On the
> server spin sure, but on a Desktop?

Define "desktop system". Many here will describe a development machine,
with several services set up for testing and development. Even my notebook
would qualify as "server"...