Announcing repoman - PyGTK yum repo manager

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Sat Feb 10 20:19:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 01:22 -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> > Announcing repoman
> > ------------------
> >
> > Repoman is a PyGTK frontend for configuring common and basic settings
> > for yum.  Specifically, it lets users enable and disable individual
> > repos easily.  Users can add and remove repositories as well.
> >
> > Repoman is not meant to expose all of yum's configuration settings in
> > GUI form, but rather the common settings most users will care about.
> >
> > One of the interesting features is the Tracking page.  Users can easily
> > switch between stable (with or without updates) or development branches
> > and repoman will enable and disable the correct repositories for the
> > user.
> >
> > Repoman also offers a set of Python classes for reading and writing out
> > /etc/yum.repos.d files.  The core element is the RepoStanza, which are
> > contained in RepoFiles, and all of those make up a Repos collection.
> >
> > This program is evolving a lot, so help testing and/or coding is
> > appreciated.
>
> Nice work!
>
> Just nitpicking a bit; there is duplicate functionality with regard to
> enabling a repository.  I'd say just leave the checkbox on the
> Repositories list and toss the one in the Edit window (which doesn't
> seem to be working anyway).

Chris and I were sort of torn on this issue.  We decided to put the
checkbox in the window anyway because it was also going to be used for
the Add a New Repo window too.  But that got changed later on.  We'll
play around with the UI a bit and fix that up.

> Also, attached is a trivial patch to make repoman not explode when
> ctrl+c'd from the command line.

Thanks!  Applied in repoman-0.6, which is available at:

http://www.boston.burdell.org/repoman/

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA