Wakeup alarm?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun Feb 11 18:33:29 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> said:
> On Sun, February 11, 2007 10:14, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 February 2007 18:05, Dimi Paun wrote:
> >> And how to you know what to deselect?
> >
> > You don't really, we don't indicate what packages are on which media.  Maybe
> > we should, but doesn't help when the package is on say media 1, but the deps
> > of it which aren't visibly listed are on media 4.
>
> Right. Which is why I think it's not fair to answer that the
> solution is to "go back and deselect the packages". It's just not
> something that people can do.

If anaconda doesn't check which CDs will be required, users will get
stuck half way through installation without a required CD.  Right now,
the only real solution at the CD check is to quit (before starting the
actual install), but that is MUCH better than getting half way through
install and aborting (probably leaving a mess).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>