Why is redhat-artwork multi-lib?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:27:32 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:26 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:

> >> One thing that was discussed a little at FUDCon was moving some of the
> >> trademarked logo bits into a separate "branding" repository.
> >>
> >> That doesn't really have much to do with redhat-artwork, though.
> >> Historically speaking, redhat-artwork was created to contain all
> >> Bluecurve bits (and could as well have been called "bluecurve-artwork",
> >> it was just named prior to the name Bluecurve and with the thought of
> >> letting the theme change over time...)
> >>

> > Matthias,
> >  So it sounds like all that needs to happen is:
> >
> >  1. rename the pkg to system-artwork (add an obsoletes redhat-artwork)
> >  2. get rid of the bluecurve libs into another pkg
> >  3. profit!
> >
> > Does that sound right to you
> >

> Moving the libs to another package lets redhat-artwork become noarch,
> sure. It doesn't address
> most of the other issues with artwork being spread over several packages
> in a confusing way...

okay, that wasn't clear from the earlier emails. Why don't we take this
one step at a time:

Steps:
1. get rid of the bluecurve bits and fix up redhat-artwork to be noarch
2. start the package reorg for all of our artwork

How does that sound?

With regard to number 2 is there anyone outside of yourself who might
have a good enough understanding of where all the art is to comment
appropriately?

thanks,
-sv