Smolt from behind a proxy (Re: Smolt: firsboot revisited)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 15 05:55:27 UTC 2007

On 14.02.2007 20:47, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Leszek Matok wrote:
>> Dnia 14-02-2007, śro o godzinie 19:01 +0100, David Nielsen napisał(a):
>>> Smolt is doubleplus good, I vote yes.
>> I don't know nice 1984-ish word for "not so good", but:
>> Can Smolt work from behind a proxy server, faking the User-Agent?
>> Because, you know, I've tried to register some machines from a real
>> production environment, with no luck. setenv http_proxy doesn't work,
>> probably because our proxy rejects most of UA-s (or because Smolt
>> doesn't honor http_proxy at all).
> This is a must, I'll contact you as soon as its ready.

Side note: Not that it helps much in the firstboot case -- as a normal
user who does a normal install you afaik are not able to configure the
proxy before firstboot or while in it. (¹)

CU
thl

(¹) that why you also can't use external repos in anaconda if your
machine live in a network that forces the use of a proxy (yes, I have
machines in such networks -- that sucks). Reminder for those that are
interested: proxy support for anaconda RFE is #125917