Fedora 7 media sets

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Feb 15 17:20:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 12:10:29PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Chuck Anderson (cra at WPI.EDU) said:
> > Can we start including jigdo commands in the compose process so that
> > .jigdo and .template files are made available for those who choose to
> > use them?  I volunteer to help with this.  What parts need to be
> > modified?  Pungi?
>
> Does jigdo create bit-identical iso images?

Yes, that is the intent.  During template creation, it searches the
big monolithic file (in this case .iso) and finds the bits that match
files in the filesystem path that you point it to (tree).  It then
writes a template that contains only the bits that don't match the
tree.  During image recreation, it uses the .template and .jigdo to
rebuild the original image, gathering the component files from the
tree either locally or via FTP/HTTP and filling in the missing bits
from the template.  The result is a bit-for-bit identical copy of the
original image.