Announcing a change in the Fedora 7 schedule

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 21:08:05 UTC 2007

One of the big Features of Fedora 7 is a merged core and extras.  In order to
accomplish this, we need some improvements to the buildsystem currently used
by Fedora Extras.  We need these improvements done or mostly done by the
Feature Freeze of Fedora 7, which was originally set to be the 20th of
February, 4 days from now.  It is very clear that these changes will not be
ready by then.

To accomplish these changes (and others) in time for the Feature Freeze, we
have added another month to the schedule, introducing a Test 4, and moving
the Feature Freeze as well as String Freeze up to Test 3 freeze, March 19.

This moves the general availability date from April 26 to May 24.

For further discussion on this topic, please use the fedora-maintainers list,
which I am attempting to set reply-to.

For reference: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Schedule

--
Jesse Keating