Google's Summer of Code 2007

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Feb 17 21:47:03 UTC 2007

Google recently announced that they will host the third annual Summer of Code.
The Fedora Project has participated in each of the previous years, and,
unless I hear any strong objections, I intend to lead our participation again
this year.  We will be able to apply for participation from the 5th of March
to the 12th of March.  I'll be happy to hear any feedback on the subject
until that time.

Of course, if we do participate again this year, we'll need to produce more
ideas for students to try for.  Remember that, whether or not the project is
completed according to the original idea, we have nothing to lose, and we can
give these students a great opportunity to experience open source
development.

http://code.google.com/soc/

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

--