Problem running SWT apps on Sun JVM on Fedora 7?

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 01:11:53 UTC 2007

2007/2/17, darrell pfeifer <darrellpf at gmail.com>:
> On 2/17/07, Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/2/16, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com>:
> > > * Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> [2007-02-12 17:09]:
> > >
> > > Can you file a bug about this?  I've done this myself and had no issues.
> > > While we can't support running with the proprietary JVMs, i'm interested
> > > to see what the issue is.
> > >
> > Certainly! The reason I posted here first, though, is ... which
> > component do I file this against?
> >

> I'm using eclipse.org version of Eclipse 3.2 along with Sun JDK 1.6.0
> on an updated rawhide. Eclipse has always worked perfectly until a
> couple of days ago.

When I use the 32-bit JDK or JRE with the 32-bit Eclipse (SWT has to
be compiled against GTK on Unix platforms, thus SWT-using applications
are not arch-independent) everything works fine (apart from the
checkboxes). The problem I mentioned only affect Java/x86_64 and
64-bit SWT apps.

> Currently checkboxes are broken. They don't seem to highlight
> correctly when pressed and also seem to act as a button group even
> though they're not. It makes even simple things (like using the file
> import dialog to import files into a project) very difficult.

Yup. As Kevin mentioned, this affects PyGTK apps as well. Native GTK
apps (and Firefox) works fine for some strange reason.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/