Fedora power management

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Mon Feb 19 14:24:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 at 9:14am, Jeremy Katz wrote

> The default is for the driver to be suspended normally; SUSPEND_MODULES
> is to list (broken) modules that have to be removed and reinserted
> around the suspend process.

Is it considered a (fixable, bugzillable) bug if normal suspending works
but has undesirable effects?  Example -- on my Thinkpad Z61t, suspend and
wake-up worked out of the box with FC6, but the power drain was impressive
(I have the figures at home, but it was >50% battery of capacity
overnight).  Some experimenting demonstarted that removing the USB modules
before going to sleep dropped the sleeping power consumption considerably,
so I put those in SUSPEND_MODULES.  I figured this was model specific so I
didn't bugzilla it.  Should I?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering