Goodbye, Fedora

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 12:33:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:03:50AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> * Failure to address the problem of proprietary multimedia formats with
>   any attitude other than blank denial.

That would be because we believe in Free Software and doing the right thing
(a practice you appear to have given up on). Maybe it is time the term
"open source" also did the decent thing and died out with you.

> I'm not expecting Ubuntu to be perfect, but I am now certain it will
> be enough better to compensate me for the fact that I need to learn
> a new set of administration tools.

I'm sure they will be delighted to have you

Alan
--
        "That was said by Eric Raymond who belongs to another movement"
                        - Richard Stallman