Goodbye, Fedora

Kip Thomas kip.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:51:06 UTC 2007

Whoa!  The big gun AC-130 coming out and hang with RMS with that footnote
quote from RMS.  I like it.
It's ironic that a freedom loving guy ESR would selectively deviate on
issues of the contrary.

I secretly hope someday the ESR ship will turn around.  I really do.  I'll
wait.

Personally, I always actively run different distros so that I can acquire
the ability to approximately compare apples to apples.  Three times now
Fedora managed to win me back.  I hope my experience means this opinion is
balanced.  I do see problems of not including codecs and how it'd affect
desktop adoption.  I think that's a problem for Marketing.  Oh yeah, I use
Fedora for desktop.  Actually a powerful latop as desktop.  I just don't
like noise.

 "That was said by Eric Raymond who belongs to another movement"
                        - Richard Stallman
This post completed with hijacking of RMS's quote.  :)