Goodbye, Fedora

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Wed Feb 21 22:40:11 UTC 2007

Eric S. Raymond <esr <at> thyrsus.com> writes:

> I had to kluge with netcat and tar just to back up
> my files.  It was horrible.

And here we see the real problem - there was no proper backup of the system
BEFORE any of this was attempted. I'm sure that's Fedora's fault...

PS. I also hit the e2fsprogs-libs/libcom_err problem (while upgrading ot Rawhide
at some point in the past) and somehow managed NOT to screw up my system. But
even if I did, it wouldn't have been a problem - I had backup.

--
Bojan