FC6 updates broken deps?

Demond dnjinc at wowway.com
Thu Feb 22 15:06:16 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:15 -0500, Demond wrote:
>
>> seth vidal wrote:
>> The burden of a broken repo/updates should not be placed on the end
>> user.  If there is a dependency problem, then the maintainer of the repo
>> and/or package should be notified and is responsible for fixing the
>> problem.  What good does it do for the end user?
>>

> So they can file the bug to let us know. We all make mistakes and we
> need lots of people to catch them.

Also complain in all the outlets available to them that yum is broken.
Perhaps we should look at an automatic/silent notification of dependency
problems.
This problem only really shows up when you have multiple repos that are
dependant on each other or in rawhide.  Rawhide is understandable but
there should be someway of sparing the end user of a released Fedora 7
from these update problems.  They can then concentrate on higher level bugs.

Demond