Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 22:32:18 UTC 2007

Well I'm not sure how many of you all have seen this:
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/22/207231

And this may or may not be the correct -list for this, but here goes.
I think its fair to say that a lot of the louder voices on the
internet do not like Fedora for fair and unfair reasons. My question
is what does this do to Fedora, and RedHat by association. I can't
imagine that anything good is coming of this. All the developers here
are bound by the 24hr daily limit, ie. there is a finite amount of
work that any developer can accomplish, esp. those not being paid to
work on Fedora. Making the assumption that all these negative word of
mouth is bleeding Fedora of contributors, then what's the plan?

A few loyalist bound by the laws of Physics can only accomplish so
much, and I'm even more worried that the bad karma trickles down to
RedHat, who I believe is the Cinderella of the Linux community - one
day I hope to be in the position to purchase RHEL licenses, but I'm
becoming worried that it may not be around by time I get there.

Peace

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud