Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Feb 23 16:13:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:46:52 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > > These decisions were made at the Fedora summit, with the Fedora board and
> > > other community folks, complete with an IRC channel during the live
> > > discussions.  Further discussion has happened in Fedora board meetings
> > > and public Fedora lists.
> >
> > Which lists exactly?
>
> Fedora Advisory Board

"Needle in the haystack" syndroms possibly? I've searched that list, but
only find lots of "why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM". Threads
like "how to govern and manage the new combined repository (second
proposal from thl)" are rare.

> fedora-devel-list

Doubtful.

> fedora-infrastructure-list to name a few.

Most likely you mix up plenty of stuff that is talked about on IRC and the
few bits that make it to the public. Everybody who does not lurk on
IRC 24/7 is uninformed in many Fedora matters.

> You seem very bitter.

Thanks to the Fedora School.