FC6 updates broken deps?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 09:33:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 14:37 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Piotr Baranowski wrote:
> > Alan Cox wrote(a):
> >> Someone please fix emacs to terminate immediately on ctrl-C then ;)
> >>
> >> Very large numbers of programs override ^C to be an internal interrupt,
> >> including things like ftp. Others specifically ignore it (try using ssh
> >> without that)
> >
> > I think we can accept such weirdness of some applications.
> >
> > Most people will understand WHY ^c is overriden in ssh for example.
> >
> > For me after 10 years of linux experience it was great mistery why a hell
> > does yum override ^c.
> >
> > There is no clear reason for it to behave like that.
> >
> > My suggestion ?
> > ^m and a startup message like:
> >
> > "If you want to switch from one mirror to another press CTRL+M"
> >
> > regards
> >

> That would probably also help the fact, that (last i checked) ^C does
> switch mirrors, but it also prevents anything useful from happening at
> the end of the download process. I.e. yum -y update would download
> packages, ^C cause it to switch mirrors and keep downloading, but the
> expected update at the end of the download is skipped.
>
> /Thomas

/+1 Switch mirror doesn't always work.

BTW, there's an assortments of bugs about it. [1]

- Gilboa
[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora
+Core&component=yum&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=FAILS_QA&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=Ctrl-C